Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm hoping I can keep everyone updated on the progress we're making on our first home through this blog. I keep getting asked for photos, so rather than email them to everyone, I'll just post them here.

It occurred to me as I sorted through the photos we've taken so far that I have none of the exterior of the house. I'll do that next time I'm there during daylight hours.

Briefly about where we're moving: Barrington, RI is a half hour north and ever so slightly west of where we've been living. It is also close to the water, though we've exchanged our view of the Sakonnet River for a quiet, family-filled neighborhood. We are walking distance to an elementary school that appears to have 3 terrific playgrounds.

Chris's commute will now take only 10 minutes versus the 25 minutes he was driving. Kira's will unfortunately be an hour instead of 30 minutes, but that's only till June when the baby comes, and then she has no commute at all, so she's not complaining.

We made the excellent decision to work with real estate agent Bill Friedman of RE Max Preferred out of N. Providence. This guy was awesome and found us exactly the house we were looking for. We can't recommend him highly enough. You want Bill in your corner when negotiating.

The house is a 3-bedroom, 2-bath ranch with a converted garage. The livingroom has a cathedral ceiling and fireplace, and the wall between the LR and kitchen has a "window," which really opens the two rooms up. One bedroom will be the master bedroom, one Kira's art room and one the nursery. The converted garage is being transformed into Chris's office/workout room. He's pretty psyched to have his own space after having to share his office with Kira and his workout space with the garbage in our old house.

Now for photos!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealouse you are not afriad of color on your walls! I have lived in this house for almost thee years and all the walls are still white! = ) It looks great! I love your art room and the purple in Chris' office is right up my alley! Congrats on your new home! The finishing touch will be that precious baby! I love you both!

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kira & Chris,
We are very happy for you both!!!! It must be so exciting to decorate (from scratch)! Can't wait to see it in person! I would love to see the front of the house, if you could show us. Love you guys

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Baby Jack's picture. Looks just like Chris! Love you guys, Lori

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home